Smart IT Services
How to configure your Android device for Activesync.
Setup an Android Device for Exchange Activesync
NOTE: Exchange Activesync does not support the Corporate Calendar or E-mail applications for the Motorola Droid, Droid 2, and Droid X. This is because this is a special application that does not follow Exchange Activesync Standards.
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is available as an optional add-on to SmarterMail. Unlike the other synchronization methods, Exchange ActiveSync uses direct push technology to sync email, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, and folders in real time. Once you have activated the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync add-on and enabled the feature for an email account in SmarterMail, the Android device will need to be configured.
In order to connect your Android device to SmarterMail via Exchange Activesync perform the following steps:
- On your Android device, access the Settings menu.
- Access Accounts & Sync.
- Navigate to Add Account.
- Select Corporate.
- Enter your e-mail address and your password and select next.
- For Domain\Username use the following format \firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your password should automatically be entered. If not, enter it now.
- For the Exchange Server, enter the URL of your web interface (webmail.example.com)
- If you are not using SSL, ensure that Use Secure Connection (SSL) is unchecked.
- Select Next and configure your personal preferences for the frequency and amount of data to synchronize.
- Press Next again, and configure your name as well as the connection name and select Done.
Your Android powered device is now setup to synchronize data using Exchange Activesync