Smart IT Services
How to Enable Restart option on Classic Shell Menu for Remote Desktop, RDP and VDI.
When using Remote Desktop to access a Windows 2012 server or Windows 8.1 Desktop, Classic Shell does not show an option to Restart. The following procedure will enable the Restart option on the start menu.
- Right click on Classic Shall Start button and go to Settings.
- Check box for Show all settings.
- On the Main Menu tab scroll to Shutdown command and select Log off
- Also select Show Shutdown during remote sessions
- Uncheck Enable hybrid Shutdown.
- Click OK at bottom to save and close
When you click the Start button you see Log off.. If you click the arrow to expand selections you will see an option now to Restart.