How to synchronize your email account with Outlook smartsync feature.
Synchronize SmarterMail with Outlook Using the Add to Outlook Feature
SmarterMail supports the two-way sync of SmarterMail calendars, contacts, and tasks with Outlook 2007. Although the steps below show you how to sync your SmarterMail calendar with Outlook, the procedure is similar for synchronizing contacts and tasks.
Follow these steps to sync your SmarterMail calendar with Outlook from the Web interface:
- From your computer that has Microsoft Outlook installed, log in to the SmarterMail web interface.
- Click the Calendar Icon.
- Click Actions and then Add to Outlook in the actions toolbar.
- This will open a new window that contains details about the connection you are about to make with Outlook. You may keep the default description and display names or type your own in the appropriate fields.
- Click OK.
- The will open the Launch Application window. Click OK to launch Outlook.
- To allow SmarterMail to connect with Outlook, click Yes.
Your SmarterMail and Outlook calendars are now synchronized and any changes you make to the calendars will be updated in real time.
For more information and other synchronization options, see the Synchronization folder in the