Smart IT Services
How to configure your Iphone to use the Exchange Activesync feature.
NOTE: Your email account must be activated to use this premium feature. Note the additional cost of having this feature.
Configure Exchange ActiveSync on the iPhone
- On your iPhone's home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange. NOTE: Only one Exchange ActiveSync account can be set up at once.
- Complete the following required fields:
- Email (your full email address)
- Domain name
- Tap Next.
- After a moment, the iPhone will ask for the server information. This is the URL to your webmail. For example, mail.example.com. NOTE: Do not include http:// when entering the server information.
- Tap Next.
- If your webmail does not support SSL, the following message will display: "Exchange account verification failed."
- Tap Next and then tap Save. Complete step 10 of these setup instructions.
- After step 10, edit the account you just added.
- Tap Account Info.
- Change "Use SSL" to "Off."
- The iPhone will display a list of collaboration items to sync with Exchange ActiveSync. Choose from the list and tap Done to initiate the first sync.